Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A hand full of rice

Have you ever met a person you spent 5 minutes talking to and years later their name escapes you, but you remember the lesson life taught you in those 5 minutes?

About 13 years ago I briefly met a
Iady (let's call her Mrs B) at a church gathering we had once a week.  I was complaining about my bad cooking skills and joked that I would not find a husband.  Mrs B was very supportive and said that she needed me to go home and cook a pot of rice every day until I got the texture right because the more you do something the more perfection will set in.

She mentioned that she had 3 children and whenever she cooked rice she would add a handful of rice for each person in the household.

Today I am hapily married and our family has grown to 5 over the last 12 years.  Every time I add a handful of rice to to a pot I still think of Mrs B.  She taught me that practice makes perfect.  She taught me about moderation. 

Life is full of lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment