Thursday, April 30, 2009

No cookies...

She crosses her arms. “I’m not even allowed to have cookies!!”
“Nobody said anything about cookies Claudia, I said no c-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e-s!”
I try and correct her and realize what she is trying to do.

She asked for chocolates but she is still sick and I won’t allow it.

“I’m not even allowed to have cookies….” she mopes again. I smile, but most of the time I have to keep a straight face, trying not to laugh because sometimes laughter is the match that lights the fire in a 4 year old. It’s cookies or nothing, I think, but she’s not getting any closer to chocolates with the attitude.

“Oh I’m a horrible mommy, I know.” She looks at me with her bottom lip all curled up, her arms still crossed.

“I’m not even allowed to have cookies….”
.

1 comment:

  1. aww cute ... I know how hard it is when u have to play the 'bad' mom part ...

    I hope she gets better soon

    ReplyDelete