Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Replacement

Oh great – that is all that I need now – one more worry while on Maternity leave. An old lady phoning me asking when to go to the toilet and running a campaign to apply for my job or to stay on when I am back. The trouble is – she lost her job a while a go and who wouldn’t be hungry for work especially when your age counts against you.

I have to leave my laptop for her to explore while I am gone trying to fit into motherhood for the 2nd time. Now I have to spend the last 6 working days putting confidential stuff on to the external hard drive… Life is a bitch, I tell you.

The truth is I am not threatened in the least by her, I was planning to look for something else anyway, it’s just that I don’t need fire underneath my ass right now. You know, people looking for trouble and haunting for ghosts so they can put themselves in a better position. When I find something else that I like she can take everything I have in my office with pleasure, including the damn Laptop.

My desk will be empty when I leave here next week Friday – and there will be a to-do list and how-to-do list ready. I would gladly assist a young vibrant girlie who understands that she is just helping out. But older women with issues are another problem.

There is only space for one of us here.

1 comment:

  1. Ag, why is the replacements always such a problem?

    Sjoe, can't believe that you are almost going on ML! 

    Take it easy and relax, relax, relax

    PS - I love the blog theme!

    ReplyDelete