Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Yeah I’m guilty – I haven’t blogged for a while. Blame it on the Cat, my Mother-in-Law and me doing the duck walk to get to my computer as the weeks are getting closer to meeting our baby boy.

Allot has happened – but like always there has to be a little drama in my life otherwise even I would loose interest. My boy is weighing over 2kg now the same as his sister when she was born. I can remember how little she was and imagine him doing breast stroke in my tummy that big. He will come out when he is ready – or when we are ready at 38 weeks.

The poor Cat was in a fight and we had to rush him to the Vet on Saturday morning. He’s better now – he’s got a funnel around his neck that he does not approve of, but anything is better than biting his wound open and returning to the Vet. The stitches come out in 10 days – so 10 more days of the glorious cone-shaped funnel. He has time for purring so everything seems to be better – and he let me stroke him since yesterday so it tells me that he understand that we are only trying to help. Hubby has also become attached to the Cat – he lets him sit on his lap and that is a first if you want to call it that.

Mother-in-law got a job but hasn’t given notice yet at her current job so heaven knows when she will move. I have little words when it comes to her. On the other hand I can write a book on our adventures together – but let’s not wake sleeping dogs.

My tummy is a beautiful baseball shape - nothing compared to my butt. When someone told me that you carry more in your butt when you are expecting a boy, there certainly was allot of truth in that. So that adds to the duck-walk I don’t know on which side to sleep anymore – my arms get numb from all the extra weight, my tail bone gets pulled to one side, I am so out of breath and not to mention the more frequent trips to the loo now that baby’s head is down there. But I’m not complaining – it’s all worth it in the end.

I have come to 3 conclusions in the last few days–

You can’t put a price tag on a Cat – it’s simply too precious.
With ones mother-in-law it’s a different story.
And the famous preggie duck-walk – now that is priceless.

1 comment:

  1. Shame ... hope your kitty gets better soon. So horrible to see them hurt!

    Wow your pregnancy is coming along nicely! I still remember when I joined the forum and you had just found out you were pregnant. Seems like just the other day!

    ReplyDelete