Monday, December 7, 2009

The Biology Teacher


Our grade 12 Biology teacher used to take a week off a year and travel to the City to sit on park benches to talk to strange people. (Those were the good old days when you could still do those things). She used to share her life experiences with us while teaching the anatonmy of the human body. I was amazed the stories she told. She could tell persons whole life story in a couple of minutes. She made me realise that there was life beyond the small town that we lived in. And if you had a big imagination like me you would hang on to every word she said and take to the stories in an instant.

She was an interesting person. She never had a Pizza in her life, or Coke for that matter. She did not believe in reading the newspapers or watching the News on TV. To some people she might have sounded a bit borring but she was the most interesting person I have ever met indeed.

She gave me hope beyond my boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment