Thursday, December 31, 2009

The books on my bedside table

Some are a bit old, some are new, some are borrowed…

I am ah huge fan of Jodi Picoult, she tends to jump from character to character so you can get everyones point of view in the story.

Perfect Match
My Sisters Keeper
Mercy

Battlefield of the Mind – Joyce Meyer
Joyce is a true inspiration. With a troubled childhood she rose up from her circumstancesand faced the world. I can relate to her. She knows where she is coming from and heading to.

7 Steps to a better you – Joel Olsteen
An American preacher whos dad used to work in the cotton fields and built a church from scratch.

Relationship Rescue – Dr Phil(lip) McGraw
His motto is – People will only do what works for them – So true.

Chicken Soup for the Christian Womans Soul
Chicken Soup for the Working Womans Soul
Chicken Soup for the Ocean lovers Soul
These are my all time favourate. True Stories that opens the heart and rekindle the spirit. Sometimes when I am lost I only have to read one of the stories and then I am on track again.

Anderkant die Scrap – Dana Snyman
He is my favourate Afrikaans Author. He is a storyteller that I can relate to. I would like to meet him one day so he can sign the book.

Mense van My Asem – Steve Hofmeyr
Many people might not think so, but he is a true inspiration. I have been a fan since his “Agter elke Man” days. Yes his eyes might wander a little, but he is a phenominal singer/songwriter. He also stands up for the Afrikaans culture and language. Unlike Joost - he leaves no stone unturned in this book.

Well that’s my bedside full of books. At the moment I have no time to read, but this stage of my life shall pass too and then I will be able to read a little...




1 comment:

  1. Hy is excellent!!! Ten minste admit Steve as hy rondgeloop het!!!

    Stunning boeke, damn girl - jy kan lees!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete