Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Capetonian




Last year when my sister and I flew to Cape Town there was something about the Cape Town men that struck us. Wherever we went to visit the family or friends we would find men in one of two places – either behind the stove or behind the sink doing the dishes with their hands in the water. At my Aunts house my cousins took care of the dishes.

My one cousins husband went to the shops and returned with shopping bags and a Paw-paw of all things. Who would have thought to go past the fruit isle and get a Paw-paw? To put it this way, if my husband came home from the shops with a Paw-paw, I would’nt know wheter to throw it at him or grab it and hug him. Her husband also cooked the meal that evening and did the dishes. We were really impressed. We asked my cousin what the magic ingredient was…maybe it was the women behind the men that made all the difference.

Oh and something else, you have wine three times a day, where there is food it has to go with a good wine and the people down there know their wine might I add.

Cape town is a bit laid back like they say. Gauteng is one big rush..

Serious Bru, SPOIL the lady. That’s what they do down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment