Monday, June 14, 2010

For a reason, a season and a lifetime

Ann is here from the Eastern Cape. Ann is the lady that I stayed with when I started at this company. It is while staying with her when my life did a 180. Sometimes I wonder what was so magical about staying with her. She was always surrounded by good and inspirational people. She taught me lessons in life without saying a word.

If I think back today, then she was part of the bigger picture for that part of my life. She was the person who carried me through the tough times. I can remember the discussions that we had until late at night. Allot of things that she said only made sense later.

She was the one that encouraged me almost 8 years ago to invite my now husband for dinner. I wasn’t brought up that way, I mean, to ask a guy out. But she grew up in the City and here in the City things were done different. I was so convinced that he would say NO, and I did not want to feel like an idiot if the answer was no. With lots of encouragement from Ann I picked I eventually picked up the phone and asked, and to my astonishment he said YES. I guess the rest is history. The feeling was mutual.

The last time I saw Ann was 3 years ago in Bryanston. She was older, but still the happy person that I met all those years ago.

I’m looking forward to see her.

She was there for a reason, for a season and hopefully a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment