Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Riding with pets in cars

Why would you drive with a dog on your lap? Or even better - why would you drive with a dog on your lap with its hair in your face? Or maybe you are scared that someone will put a gun to your face at any moment, and then the dog will scare them away. Are you going somewhere? If you do get out do you take the dog with or do you leave him in the heat?

I am not a dog person. Maybe there will be fewer accidents if people will just leave their dogs at home.

The other day we were in the supermarket and a lady in front of us had a little monkey on her shoulder. People will try all kinds of things to get attention. With all do respect lady, take off your clothes and I will guarantee you lots of attention, don't use a monkey that might jump on my child and bite it. I will be more worried about the thing peeing and who-knows-what-else on my shoulder. That for me is just a no go. Pets belong at home unless you are taking them for a real walk in the park where no one is in need of attention, just some excercise.

Our cat seems to think that 25% of the bed belongs to him. It is winter now and all he wants to do is snuggle under the duvet. He has come to terms with the idea that the baby comes first. It was hard for him and he sulked like only a cat can do. When winter arrived he knew where to find my lap.





Maybe that old lady with the Pom-pom on her lap was on her way to the Vet.

I don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment