Monday, November 30, 2009

The Wish


I was standing at the check out point in a supermarket when my eye caught the little girl in a trolley a short distance away. She looked so familiar, and in my mind I was trying to place her. Then I saw her mother and it all came back to me. They were in our Saturday play group about 2 years ago where I took my daughter to. I couldn’t recall her name but I can remember that the only thing she could talk about was having a 2nd child. Some Saturdays her eyes would be swolen when she came to class. To all of us it seemed like it was the only thing she could focus on at that time. Almost as if she forgot about the joy that the child she already had brought her.

After a year when it was time for my little one to go to nursery school we left the group, and it still did not happen for her at the time. I remember saying a prayer for her, to ask God to give her a child if it was His will, and I also asked for acceptance if it did not ever happen for her.

What got my heart beating faster is that there were 2 children in the trolley in the Supermarket that day. A little boy got added to the family in the time we were apart. I wanted to walk up to her and congratulate her but decided not to. She got what she wanted, and I will let her have her moment for the rest of her life.

I am happy for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment