Friday, May 21, 2010

The long awaited 2nd interview

After 8 months of job hunting – finally a 2nd interview. There are no guarantees, I know, but I need the boost for my ego. I made an impression on someone. With this I can go forward, even if I do not get the job and have to go on like this for another year.

I have walked in to companies where I did not want to work. At one place the MD had 2 Romany Creams stuffed in his mouth. I tried to make out what he was saying, but to no avail. Well you just sit there and are nice while you would rather be sitting in traffic on your way to work.

This week I have practiced my presentation that I have to give to a class full of people tomorrow. I created a PowerPoint presentation to put on my memory stick because there will be a projector and a big screen ready waiting. I hope I make a good impression. All I could do to make things ok was to practice. The worst thing is to be unprepared. When you loose your chain of thought you have to know where to take off again.

I am looking forward to the 30th of June. I am going out with the girls to watch Eclipse, the third movie in the Twilight Saga. Tickets go on sale on the 29th of May so for those of you who are Twilight fans, get those tickets early. It is a midnight show. Hubby has promised to do Pajama drill for that one night.

This is it from me, Supermom on this Friday of 21 May, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment