Monday, May 3, 2010

The month of May

It’s the month of May, and although it is always cold this time of year it is also a little bit sad. My mother’s birthday is on the 15th. Yes, I am a little bit mad because she wasn’t here to meet my children. But I’m only human. Sometimes you just need your Mom, whether you are 3 or 33. How do you fill an empty space? Time has never been my friend.

It has been 7 years and I can still hear her voice clearly in my head. Like when I was a child and she used to call me from the fence when I was next door playing. Part of my fear when she died is that I will forget her, that her voice and image will fade away with time. I am glad to say that it hasn’t. She’s still fresh in my mind.

Does life really go on after someone close to you die? Or does it stand still for some people. My whole world collapsed the day my Mother died. Will I understand one day? Not while I am part of this world.

Oh month of May, you bring good memories every year.

I cherish my time with my Children, because I don’t know how much precious time I have left. It’s not that I live in fear. I just make the most of every moment.

Life is precious. You’re the one that taught me that.

No comments:

Post a Comment