Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday blog

The insomnia has once again kicked in. I haven’t slept the past 2 nights. At the end of this month it is back to study once again, and I might be in a new job as well. Hubby gets his new car today, because the current car is giving us too many problems. He has spent R20 000 on fixing it last year and now we are back to square one. I hate fighting about money but hey what am I supposed to do, sit back and relax and watch our money go down the drain?

I am going to see my best friend tomorrow; we haven’t seen each other in a while and tomorrow are the only time we could put aside for a visit.

People are still phoning to invite me for interviews, some people want you there this minute and for me it is almost impossible. It’s not like I drive around in Sandton everyday waiting for someone to phone me. This one woman who actually cancelled an interview the other day phoned me about 20 times yesterday while I was at the Pediatrician with Corne’. My phone was on silent.

Some of the jobs that I do apply for has over 400 hits, and that is in an hour. It is a war out there I tell you. I have never lost faith, and I know that one day it will be my turn to stand out from all the others. It is sad that so many people are looking for work. My lecturer in Damelin mentioned once that for every job, there are 17 unemployed people that will do your job better if they get the chance to. That’s why you have to be the best in what you do.

This morning I thought if it will be possible to be excited and sad at the same time. I will get the long awaited phone call but on the other hand I would have to say goodbye to wonderful people that I have worked with for ten years. You leave a part of your life behind. It (the building and people) will always be in your memories till you die.

I am looking forward to seeing my friend tomorrow. I need some distraction from all this.

Well that is it from me, Supermom, (b)logging of on this friday of February the 12th.

4 comments:

  1. I am very sorry for all of the troubles you have to go through. I am a graduate student and have spent every dime that I had on my tuition fees. I guarantee seeing your friend will bring some peace to your weekend. Keep me and us updated with the job opportunities. Remain positive, though it is hard, but think positive too, and amazing things will happen to you. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rentia, I saw that you became a follower of my blog (thank you! I feel honoured) and followed the link to find your blog.
    I'm curious, how did you come across mine?
    I pray your job-hunt will be successful in the best way soon, (and that you will have some good sleep over this weekend too).
    ~ Carlien

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Carien I have posted on your blog xxx

    Thanks for all the positive vibes!!

    ReplyDelete