Monday, February 8, 2010

The interview

Oh yay, I get to go to an interview in Rosebank tomorrow. I normally jump at every opportunity I can get – so I am greatful that the company invited me. I don’t put my heart into everything, because I know there are 17 other people who are also going to the same interview and one of us will be THE ONE. May the best candidate be just what they want.

I have been to dozens of interviews and I have learnt allot from each and every one – so bottom line – it helps if this is not your first (and only).

A couple of weeks ago I applied for a vacancy at a Law Firm. The add asked for a photo and I do not know why I did not see that part of the add – I normally go through all the adds carefully because you get weirdos out there – trust me, and I do not apply for any add that asks a photo (wtf you can see me in person!?). So the actual Lawyer himself (I googled his name) sent me an e-mail from his blackburry and asked for a photo. I replied that he should ignore my CV because I did not see the part where they requested a photo. So he asked why and I told him to get lost I am not auditioning for a Reality Show.

Anyway to make a long story short – this guy gave me chills. He kept on sending me e-mails after I said IGNORE my CV. About a week ago his PA (a.k.a skelmpie probably) sent me an e-mail asking if I am still interested in the job. And now the photo did not matter. So I said sorry I was never available.

Weird people, I tell you. Like my soul is for sale.

1 comment: