Thursday, February 11, 2010

A place called home

I suck at interviews. I handled all the questions I thought they would ask well, but when they asked me where I lived I F-R-O-Z-E. I had to think about that one…

You are not always prepared as you think you are. Maybe it would have come to me more easily if I have lived here my whole life – but I didn’t. I have been here 14 years and still I struggle to remember all the areas Joburg has to offer, plus all the sub-neighborhoods etc etc. Roodepoort alone is as big as the little town where I come from.

Well then, on the other hand I will stand out as the girl who had to think about where she lived. In the end it doesn’t matter where you live, or where you think you live, in the end you have to be able to be an asset to the company.

It’s closer to home – wherever that may be. :-)

Note to self – next time you prepare for an interview – ask yourself where you live.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, sorry for laughing.

    Not laughing at you, just laughing when I think of how you thought of where you live. Shame man, i am sure it went well!!!!!

    It is always good to stand out as when they look through the days things they will remember you.

    Holding thumbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Martie, it is good to laugh at yourself sometimes..

    ReplyDelete