Friday, February 26, 2010

A handful of rice...

It was at one of the many cell groups I have attended about 8 years ago that I came across an interesting lady. It was just before my wedding, and being the terrible cook that I am, I was stressed about what to cook every night for my husband-to-be.

She said not too worry, that the golden rule was the more you cook of one thing the better you become at mastering that dish. A hand full of rice for every family member was another helpful hint.

I feel like running to my sister when things go terribly wrong in the kitchen. But it’s not like she lives next door so thank heavens for cell phones. I don’t know what makes you a good cook. How do you develop a passion for food? I think she just payed more attention to the detail while my mother was in the kitchen. Maybe I was daydreaming when I was supposed to pay attention.

I guess some people are good at everything - the Martha Stewarts of the world.

Some days I really wish I had an Italian in the Cupboard…

No comments:

Post a Comment