Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dad

I don’t know what made him care less or me for that matter. Death in a family is supposed to bring people closer to each other; well it has torn us apart for many years now. Do I wish things were like they used to be? Not really, it was nothing to write home about. Maybe I have finally accepted all his faults and just see him as an ordinary person.

People have been horrible to me about this distancing from my father. I know it is my Dad, no matter what. I know his time on earth is probably shorter than mine, and when he dies and I won’t forgive myself for not talking to him it would be my issues to deal with. I dislike people who think they can carry the whole world on their shoulders, including the issues I have with my Dad.

We are both stubborn. We are both to blame.

But the damage is done. I don’t blame my Stepmom, cause every person has the right to make their own decisions about including people in their lives. Maybe one can manipulate those decisions, but in the end if you have made up your mind about someone nobody can change it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl. Just thought I would drop you a line to say hello.

    I agree, it's your issue to deal with. ;-)

    x

    ReplyDelete