Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Teacher

Don’t ask me the names of the English teachers before and after Mrs W. I will always remember her for some reason. She used to be the coolest teacher in the school. I can still remember her nickname for me, Mrs Difficult, but it had something to do with my surname and not the way I behaved. She used to have a nickname for everyone, and that was understandable coz she would remember us better that way.

She had a different style of teaching. My scores for English must have been the best of in that year of all the years I was in school. Her class must have been the only class that I paid attention in. (I daydreamed my years through school) There was just something about her that kept all of us focused. She also used to joke allot and if someone try to teach me something with humour I certainly take it in allot faster.

We were so excited when the Principal announced that she was going to join us for the 10 days of our “Veldskool’ break. She made everything so much more exciting and we all had a blast.

I saw her on facebook the other day, and I sent her a thank you note for changing my life in so many ways. Maybe she did not realize it then, but she certainly deserves the credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment