Friday, June 19, 2009

Humpty Dumpty..

So I carry 2 laptops, 2 oranges, my handbag and a school bag. I fall. The oranges make their way down the paving into my neighbor’s yard. Hubby comes running. Claudia stands at the bottom of the steps laughing at her mother that just pulled a circus act on her. I laugh with her; maybe it will help ease the pain on my wrist and the top of my bum that caught the step. Then he tells me to be careful. Yeah, like that is going to happen when you expect me to carry everything…anyway….

For a moment I am dizzy and shaking. What if I hurt the baby? A moment later he kicks, so casual like he did not know his mother had a great fall at the backdoor of his soon-to-be home. He kicks again just to remind me he is still there. He heard his sister laugh I figured, it always wakes him up and let him drumroll in my tummy.

I don’t bother looking for the oranges, they can stay and grow where they are for all I care. On our way to school Claudia still laughs like she can’t get over the images in her mind that she just saw.

My bum hurts, but I’m ok. Baby is ok. The whole world is ok, just for today.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Glad LO is ok and let you know soon thereafter!

    ReplyDelete