Monday, May 11, 2009

The Office

When was it that I first walked into this office? Has it been 8 years? Yes, time has flown, and too quickly if I might add.

Like any other place, it holds allot of memories. Good ones and some bad. I am glad I got to be a part of all this, and I realize my time is running out. Soon I will move on to better and bigger things. It’s just a matter of time.

I can remember the day I got my drivers license and we all celebrated when I got back. Somehow there was always reason for celebration, with lots of wine of course! Then the day came when my future husband walked in, not knowing that 2 years later I would be planning our wedding in this same office.

Once a guy came in with a gun and left with my wedding ring, watch and cellphone. I have been aware of all that is happening around me from that day onwards. Maybe some things has to happen first before you take action.

Soon all this stuff will be standing in a new office 60kms away. I am a bit sad, but excited at the same time. At 30 some new adventures awaits. First I will be a mommy for the 2nd time, a little boy is almost ready to enter our lives in September of this year. Then I will be moving on to a new career. I try not to think about the 2nd part too much right now. Yes I am excited but I have to be a mommy first, then the other things can follow at their own pace.

The fact is, something has happened. I’m taking action.

Life goes on, it’s business as usual.

1 comment:

  1. Its always sad to leave the memories behid, but when we move on we create new ones.

    Good luck with the move and the new memories!

    ReplyDelete