Friday, May 29, 2009

The Robbery

“Why didn’t you press the panic button? Why didn’t you shout for help? Why..”

I can still remember her walking up and down in the office, shouting at us. I didn’t answer. Maybe I was just lucky to be alive at that moment, and couldn’t be bothered with her remarks.

It’s kind of nice to sit in traffic while your colleagues get robbed. She just walked in and blamed us for everything that happened. She was considering all the options. Fact is, we were robbed and he was gone, probably robbing another company accumulating his petty cash for that day.

Even though she was angry, I did not wish what happened upon anyone. It is like they say, you know. Your whole life does flash in front of you the moment he points the gun. You experience a feeling that only someone that has been in the same situation before can describe. I did not tremble, I wasn’t scared, I also did not get an adrenalin rush to fight for the little time I thought I had left. It’s like you are ready to go right at that moment. A feeling of piece comes over you. You accept your fate. I wouldn’t say it is giving up. You realize that there is nothing you can do. Period.

I’m glad she wasn’t in the office that day. Maybe she would have done all those things that she thought was right and things could have gone horribly wrong.

I haven’t stopped looking over my shoulder since that day. Maybe it had to happen to make me more aware of my surroundings.

People in Armani suits can rob you.

Trust no-one…..

No comments:

Post a Comment