Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Picture

I cried for two days. Our Mothers were best friends. We were like the perfect match. But my month of love ended when he did not return. I even went and spoke to his mother to ask if she knew what was going on. I never got an answer.

The day my mother died we went to his mother’s house to tell her the sad news. It was about 8 years after he broke my heart. I saw pictures of him and smiled. I got my answer. I knew why things did not work out. It was all in the pictures in front of me. It’s not like I went looking for them, when you walked in she had a whole exhibition of her precious son.

Somehow I couldn’t picture myself with him, even that day. In an instant I knew that everything happened for a reason. It kind of closed a chapter in my life, and I was greatful for that. Nobody had to say anything, the answer was right in front of me. A picture really does speak a thousand words.

When we are young and vulnerable we do not see the bigger picture. It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment