Monday, May 25, 2009

What is in a name?

In my 1st pregnancy when the dr. announced that we were having a girl I could only think of the name Annabelle, until someone came and burst the name bubble saying that people would end up calling her Anna. I tried to ignore it, but in the end I could not shake off the horrible thought of my little girl being called Anna.

The next name that popped into my head was Claudia, maybe because Claudia Henkel was Miss South Africa that year and her name was all over the press. The name was easy on the lips, and at least no-one could abbreviate it even if they tried. Somehow over the years we did manage to call her Claudi instead of Claudia, but that will pass too I suppose. It’s not that bad, not like Anna, or Belle for that matter.

The 2nd time around it is a boy and we chose the name Corne’. There used to be a sexy Springbok Captain called Corne’ Krige, and that is about as close as we could get to his name, with our surname being Kruger and all. He’ll be making his appearance in September this year, with no surprises coz he is a poser and shows off the clockwork. He likes the corny name we chose for him I can tell.

What is in a name?

No comments:

Post a Comment