Friday, January 15, 2010

The Art of Giving...

Once I sat in casualties and saw a child being brought in who was bitten by a dog. I helped her father fill I the hospital admission forms.

Once someone’s A.T.M card would not work. Later I saw her in the shop talking to someone so I gave her R20 and walked away. She bought bread with the money.

Once I gave a book about Small Gardens to the old lady next door, I thought she needed it more than I do.

Once a year I make an anonymous donation to the National Council for the Blind.

Once I gave away 2 stationary goodie bags in a presentation that I did in my Damelin Class.

Once I bought 2 x Westlife tickets and gave it away for free.

Once I packed sandwiches for a good cause.

Once there was a lost Cat at my door so I opened a can of tuna.

Once I gave a stray dog some water in a bowl.

Once I gave up my seat to an old lady in a full doctor’s room.




Once I gave a criminal all my belongings and prayed that he wouldn’t kill me.

That is the only time I gave in fear, without love.

No comments:

Post a Comment