Thursday, January 21, 2010

The tribe has spoken

I am a happy girl today. My Aunt in CT whom I have not spoken to in a year sent me a sms to say that she is not mad at me anymore. We are both so stubborn. We had a fight a year ago when she came to Joburg and could not make time to see us. It was not on purpose but I did not see it that way at the time.

So now we have to catch up on a whole year of skinner. Usually when I hear a story the family in the Free State knows already. I sent her MMS’s of Corne’ and Claudia. I missed her so much and I am glad we could forgive and forget.

She is my mother’s oldest sister. The Wild Aunt whom I blogged about before is the youngest.

My other Aunt who is married to my Mothers brother invited me on FB but I did not accept. We went there one Easter and it was the worst reception I had in my life. You know what; if you don’t want me at your house, just ask me to leave. Don’t make me feel unwelcome for 3 days.

Now everyone is inviting me left right and centre probably because I have posted pics of Corne’ on FB that only my friends can see. I have kicked off half of my family. They did not bother knowing me while I was growing up so why must I be friends with them now on a social network.

I’m just funny in that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment