Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Eraser

Today I have thrown out most of my deceased boss’ old files. It’s been a year now and it’s not easy sitting here erasing a peace of his life. I realized that we can not hang on to the files any longer. The others left me with the sad task. It’s one of those things that will be ok to people if they don’t see it.

He used to make allot of notes. He was so organized. When I open each file and look at his handwriting (that was still neat at age 85) my heart just miss a beat. When I first started here I had to learn the way he wrote his D’s & A’s & G’s.

Some mornings when I enter the office I find the frame of his Lifetime Award in the Timber industry a little skew and then I just sigh and hang it in a straight line again. He does visit for all that we know.

Once I red in an article that our footprints will be on earth long after we have gone.

These papers are just a drop in the bucket of the legacy that he left behind.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment