Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My best friend is Sad

I get an sms from my best friend. Although we are 200kms apart I can sense her heartache in the few lines that I read. I wish I could hug her and listen to the whole story she is trying to describe in a few lines. She has trouble with the husband. We all have our troubles with the men in our lives, but for a moment any fight that hubby and I ever had seemed like nothing compared to hers. I feel blessed.

We all choose our partner in life I suppose. She wants to be with someone who treats her like shit. I can understand that it is more complicated when you don’t have a foot to stand on and there is children involved. She always gasps at the things I say to my husband and I could’nt think that she would dare say anything like that to her husband. Truth is – she always has to explain herself and that is no life.

I don’t want to compare our marriages so I always tell her that my husband also has the little issues that we just can not get out of the way - which is true.

No use in painting a pretty picture of your marriage when your friend is sad.

Get on the floor and be sad with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment