Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Baby Blues


So eventualy the baby blues kicked in on day 10 after the birth of my son. I was standing barefoot in the kitchen doing the dishes when all of sudden it hit me, and I started feeling sorry for myself. I missed work. I missed fighting with our clients over prices. I missed my laptop. I missed driving to work and back. This is not me, I thought. At that moment it felt like the only good thing I could do was to look after 2 children, clean and cook for a husband that comes home and throws himself on the couch. This City has really changed me, I thought. I have been here too long. Some women would give their left eye to sit at home and look after the children.

I had to get outside for a moment and breathe. The 4 walls of our house were too much for me. I dialed my boss’ number. She was happy to hear from me. I cought up on office gossip and asked about everyone else. I felt better when I put the phone down. My prayers were answered when a good friend sms’ed and and asked if she could come by for a visit, I said yes in an instant.

She brought some cupcakes and juice, and some skinner that I haven’t heard in a while. She had a baby boy in February so all her advice also came in handy, and she understood what I was going through.

Well I had the baby blues for one day. Sometimes all you need is a friend to talk to, someone that understands, even if they only do listen.

Thanks again Elizma for the cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment