Friday, November 20, 2009

The Other Best Friend



We met six years ago in one of our Saturday classes we were attending at Damelin at the time. Her nickname was “Tamatiekind” because she got 36% for one of her tests and we all know how many tomatoes goes into a bottle of All Gold Tomato sauce.

We started talking one day and discovered that we were married at the same venue within a week from one another. We both had a Red Bull and Vodka shot given by us by the venue owner before we walked down the isle. We drove in the same car also provided by the Venue. The only reason she did not get married the day I did because it was her birthday. When it is my annerversary I sms her birthday wishes, and she wishes me a happy annerversary. 7 Days after that I return the annerversary wishes. That is our special connection, and we have’nt been too busy ever since to do that every year.

When we were busy writing our finals I discovered that I was pregnant, with lots of cheering from the class and her being the main stirer. Two years after that she fell pregnant and I was right by her side. This year we managed to have our babies in one year, something that did not work the first time for us but now we are happy that it happened for us. And we both have agreed that 2 is enough for now.

The other day she brought me cupcakes when I was down with the blues.
Now that is what I call a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment