Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Big Sister

Ever since we brought our little boy home our little girl wants to do everything on her own. We were worried because we thought she would wet the bed again or start whining like a 2 year old, but luckily none of those things has happenend yet. In the mornings she gets dressed herself, and she knows now that the lables come at the back and the print in the front. She even puts her shoes on the right way; it does not look like two bananas turning outward anymore when it is the wrong way around.

There are some things she just can’t do on her own but she managed to find ways around it. One day while I was busy breastfeeding she came running with a cup in the one hand and the milk carton in the other. I make sure all the yogurt and viennas are on the botton shelf of the fridge so she can help herself whenever she feels like it.

When her brother naps in the afternoon and I get time to do the dishes and start cooking she brings her chair and “helps” me do the dishes by playing with plastic cups in the dishwater. After that she wants to help with the drying so I give her the teaspoons to dry. It might sound strange but it is a bit of bonding time, and it takes me back to when I was five and helped my mother around the house. It is amazing how much of yourself you see in your children.

We all had to make some adjustments when the new baby arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment