Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Matter of the Cake

“What about Spongebob Mom?”

“You had a Spongebob cake last year.”

I feel bad, it feels like I am making the decision on her behalf. He is obviously as popular as last year so I should just order old Spongebob again. She is lucky to have a choice, when I was five you had to take what was coming your way, the people were not so creative with wax paper back then.

“I also like Barbie.”

“Ok, can we get you a Barbie cake?”

She thinks for a moment.

“No, I think Mickey Mouse…”

I smile for a moment. She can’t make up her mind, now I feel better about old Spongebob, maybe he is’nt that popular afterall.

“Oh, and don’t forget about Hanna Montana,” I say with a little sarcasm, because looks like we have to cover the whole Disney channel here.. The moment I say ‘Hanna Montana” she jumps to her feet.

“Oh yes, please Mom! Hanna Montana! Hanna Montana!”

I pick up the phone and start dialing.

“Are you sure?” I ask, but she is already dancing halfway across the room and I know that the matter of the cake is settled.

A moment later the cake woman on the other side squirts out a giggle.

“A 5 year old that likes Hanna Montana”, she says,”they start early these days.”

One Hanna Montana cake coming up for my 4 old daughter’s 5th birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh good i'm not alone :) My 4yr old wants a whole Hannah Montana themed party for her 5th birthday too

    ReplyDelete
  2. HM is a winner I tell you - we had a blast!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete